The Companies menu is a menu that is used to create a company database with the status of a customer, partner, etc. To add company data, you can add it one by one or in bulk. Here are the steps to add companies in bulk to Qontak CRM:
- Login to your Qontak CRM account.
- Go to Companies menu and click “+ Add Company” and select “Upload file”.
- Download the Excel template already available in the CRM Dashboard.
- It should be noted that the _unique fields_ that distinguish one company's data from another are in the email and phone number sections.
- When filling in data using this Excel form, make sure that the inputted data is not doubled. Then, fill in the available columns in Excel according to the database you have.
- If there is a column marked (*), it means that the column is mandatory. Data entry in the Excel file must match the options contained in the CRM database in the customized columns such as status, job title, and so on. Starting from the spelling, uppercase, and lowercase letters, to the placement of spaces, it is necessary to pay attention to the exact same, because if there is a mistyping or it is not appropriate, it will cause an error in the uploaded data.
- If all the company data in the excel file is filled in, you can change the format in the excel file to Text.
- Click "Browse a file" to re-upload the filled Company Excel file.
- Select the Company Excel file and if the following notification appears, it means that your company's data has been successfully uploaded.
- To see the progress of uploading data, you can check periodically on the Properties menu in the Upload/Download section.
If any data fails to upload, the system will automatically send a notification to your email address registered with your Qontak CRM account. If you have received the notification email, you can see a detailed explanation of what data failed to upload. Please re-check your file and correct any incorrect data.