The “Contact” menu on the CRM social site is used to input a representative company database or Person In Charge (PIC) from your company's customers. To add data to the Contacts menu, CRM can be done individually (single upload) or in bulk (bulk upload). In this tutorial, we will tell you how to add bulk contact data (bulk upload) via the website on the Qontak CRM social site. Please follow the steps below.
- Make sure you are logged into your CRM account.
- Click the “Contacts” menu, then click the “+ Add Contact” menu and select “Upload file”.
- Download the Excel template already available in the CRM dashboard.
- It should be noted that the unique field that distinguishes the “Contact” data from one another is in the email and phone number sections.
- When filling in the data using this excel form, make sure that the inputted data is not doubled. Then, fill in the available columns in Excel according to the database you have.
- If there is a column marked (*), it means that the column must be filled in. While in the customized column such as; Status, Job Title, etc. data entry in the excel file must match the options contained in the CRM database. Starting from the spelling, uppercase, and lowercase letters, to the placement of spaces, it is necessary to pay attention to the same, because if there is a typo or it is not appropriate, it will cause an error in the uploaded data.
- In the "Owner" column, you can adjust the username or email of the owner of the contact data.
- If the "Contact" data in the excel file has been filled in all, you can change the format in the excel file to "Text".
- Click “Browse a file” to re-upload the filled “Contacts” Excel file
- Select your CRM “Contact” data excel file. If the following notification appears, it means that your Contact data has been uploaded successfully.
- To see the progress of data upload, you can check periodically on the "Properties Upload/Download" menu.
- If any data fails to upload, the system will automatically send a notification to your email address registered with your Qontak CRM account as follows:
If you have received the notification email, you can see a detailed explanation of what data failed to upload. Please re-check your file and correct any incorrect data.