The Broadcast menu is one of the features in the Chat Panel that allows users to be able to send messages to many people at once. This feature is also commonly known as broadcast messages.
The Broadcast menu is available to convey information to many recipients at once but is still focused on a personal level. Not only that, but the time it takes to send messages to multiple contacts has become shorter and easier.
In this guide, you will get information about guidelines for compliance and rejection analysis on creating templates for broadcast messages. Here's the explanation:
Submitted templates will be submitted to Whatsapp for review within a maximum of 1 x 24 hours.
Login to your Omnichannel Account and go to the Broadcast Menu.
To send a broadcast message, you need to create and submit a message template first by clicking "+ Add New Template".
- Then, you should see the display as follows.
On the "+ Add New Template" page, there is a shortcut link that directs you directly to the WhatsApp Message Template Guidelines.
- The Guidelines contain guidelines so that the template you submit is approved by WhatsApp. You must ensure that the content of the template created matches the message format of the content in the template. It must also be ensured that it does not violate the WhatsApp Commerce Policy and WhatsApp Business Policy.
- In addition, the template should not contain potentially dangerous or threatening messages.
- The guidelines also contain an explanation of the quality rating and status of the template.
- Tips to make the template faster to apply
- After the template is processed, you will get a review in the form of approval or rejection on the template that you have created and submitted. To find out the results of the review on the proposed template, you can access the template page and see the Status row on the template you created.
These are all on the explanation of the Compliance and Rejection Analysis Guidelines for broadcast messages on Omnichannel Qontak.